What is the 75 25 rule saving?

Photo of author

By Nick

Quick Peek:

Looking to save money and pay off debt? Try the 75 25 rule! This method involves putting 75% of your extra cash towards debt repayment and the other 25% towards savings goals. It’s a simple and effective way to achieve financial stability faster. You can adjust the percentages based on your individual situation, but the key is to prioritize both debt repayment and savings. So start saving for that dream vacation or new car while also tackling your debt!

What is the 75 25 rule saving?

Saving money is one of the most important things you can do for your financial future. It can help you build an emergency fund, save for a down payment on a house, or even retire comfortably. However, saving money can be challenging, especially if you’re living paycheck to paycheck. That’s where the 75 25 rule comes in.

The 75 25 rule is a simple and effective way to save money. It involves putting 75% of your extra money towards paying off debt and the other 25% towards your savings goals. This method can help you pay off debt faster while also building up your savings.

How to use the 75 25 rule

To use the 75 25 rule, you need to first determine how much extra money you have each month. This is the money that you have left over after paying all of your bills and expenses. Once you know how much extra money you have, you can divide it up according to the 75 25 rule.

READ  How much savings should you have at 30?

For example, let’s say you have an extra $500 each month. Using the 75 25 rule, you would put $375 towards paying off debt (75% of $500) and $125 towards your savings goals (25% of $500). You can adjust these percentages based on your own financial situation and goals.

Benefits of the 75 25 rule

The 75 25 rule has several benefits. First, it helps you prioritize paying off debt while also saving for the future. This can help you achieve financial stability faster. Second, it’s a simple and easy-to-follow method that doesn’t require a lot of time or effort. Third, it can help you avoid overspending and keep your finances on track.

Example of the 75 25 rule in action

Let’s take a look at an example of the 75 25 rule in action. Meet John, a 30-year-old who wants to pay off his debt and save for the future. John has an extra $1,000 each month. He decides to use the 75 25 rule to divide up his extra money.

John puts 75% of his extra money towards paying off his debt. He has a total of $20,000 in debt, including credit card debt and student loans. He decides to focus on paying off his credit card debt first since it has a higher interest rate. John puts $750 towards paying off his credit card debt each month.

The other 25% of John’s extra money goes towards his savings goals. He has three savings goals: building an emergency fund, buying a new car, and taking vacations. John puts 15% towards his emergency fund and 5% towards each of his other goals. Right now, he’s putting 75% of that towards his large emergency fund, 15% towards a new car, and 15% towards vacations.

READ  What do billionaires buy for fun?

Final thoughts

The 75 25 rule is a simple and effective way to save money and pay off debt. By prioritizing debt repayment and savings, you can achieve financial stability faster. Whether you’re just starting out on your financial journey or you’re looking for a new way to manage your money, the 75 25 rule is worth considering. Remember, every little bit counts when it comes to saving money, so start small and work your way up.

In conclusion, the 75 25 rule is a simple and effective method for saving money and paying off debt. By putting 75% of your extra money towards debt repayment and 25% towards savings goals, you can achieve financial stability faster. Remember to adjust the percentages based on your own financial situation and goals. Happy saving!

A video on this subject that might interest you:

#7525rule #savingtips #personalfinance #financialplanning #moneymanagement

TO READ THIS LATER, SAVE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR PINTEREST: