Are you curious about your net worth compared to others your age? A recent study found that the average net worth for 30-34 year-olds is $122,700, while the median net worth is $35,112. As you age, your net worth tends to increase, with the average net worth for 35-39 year-olds being $274,112 and the median net worth being $55,519. Don’t worry if you’re not quite there yet, there are steps you can take to increase your net worth such as saving more money, investing wisely, paying off debt, starting a side hustle, and seeking professional advice.
How much is a 30-year-old worth?
If you’re in your 30s, you may be wondering how much you’re worth financially. While it’s not the only measure of success, net worth is an important indicator of your financial health. In this article, we’ll take a look at the average and median net worth for 30-year-olds and provide some tips on how to increase your net worth.
Net worth by age
According to a recent study, the average net worth for 30-34 year-olds is $122,700, while the median net worth is $35,112. This means that half of people in this age group have a net worth above $35,112 and half have a net worth below that amount.
As you get older, your net worth tends to increase. Between the ages of 35-39, the average net worth is $274,112 and the median net worth is $55,519. This is due in part to the fact that people in this age group have had more time to save and invest.
It’s important to note that these figures are just averages and medians, and there is a wide range of net worth among people in their 30s. Some people may have a net worth of zero or even negative net worth due to student loans or other debts, while others may have a net worth in the millions.
How to increase your net worth
Regardless of where you fall on the net worth spectrum, there are steps you can take to increase your net worth over time. Here are a few tips:
1. Save more money: The more you save, the more you can invest, which can lead to higher returns and a higher net worth over time. Look for ways to cut expenses and increase your income so you can save more each month.
2. Invest wisely: Investing in stocks, bonds, and real estate can help your money grow faster than if you just leave it in a savings account. However, it’s important to invest wisely and diversify your portfolio to minimize risk.
3. Pay off debt: High-interest debt, such as credit card debt, can eat away at your net worth over time. Focus on paying off your debt as quickly as possible so you can start building wealth.
4. Start a side hustle: If you have a skill or hobby that can generate income, consider starting a side hustle. This can help you earn extra money that you can put towards savings and investments.
5. Seek out professional advice: If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to increasing your net worth, consider seeking out professional advice from a financial advisor or business coach. They can help you create a plan that’s tailored to your unique situation.
In conclusion, while net worth is just one measure of financial success, it’s an important one to keep in mind as you work towards your financial goals. By saving more, investing wisely, paying off debt, starting a side hustle, and seeking out professional advice, you can increase your net worth over time and achieve financial freedom.
A video on this subject that might interest you:
#30yearoldworth #networth #finance #millennials #wealthbuilding
TO READ THIS LATER, SAVE THIS IMAGE ON YOUR PINTEREST: